Leader as Coach: An Introductory Workshop for Supervisors and Managers
One and two-day workshops
Research shows that an engaged workplace makes for a great workplace. Engaged employees want to be part of the organization and are willing to make an extra effort to contribute to the well-being of one another, their clients, and the success of the business. But how does an organization engage employees in the first place, and how do you keep them engaged day after day? The answer is effective coaching at every level of your organization.
In our Leader as Coach workshop, supervisors and managers learn basic coaching techniques with an emphasis on three key skills: powerful questions, deep listening, and clear feedback.
Each session is highly interactive and practical, with opportunities for participants to work together and generate ideas. Participants will practice communicating performance expectations and providing effective feedback and coaching, and they’ll develop strategies for taking a coaching approach back to their workplace. By the end of the workshop, participants will have the knowledge and comfort level to help employees effectively identify and pursue performance excellence.
- The foundation for performance success
- A five-phase coaching model for managers
- Guidelines for monthly “touch base” coaching sessions
- Cornerstone coaching skills: listening, inquiry and feedback
- Working with strong performers to develop “stretch goals” for enhancing career development
- Communicating when stakes are high, emotions are strong or feedback is tough to give
- Strategies to encourage partnering for success
“Attending Rhonda’s Coaching for Excellence Workshop provided opportunity for our
managers and supervisors to hone existing skills and learn new ones. The bonus piece
to the workshop was the team building which was a result of the participatory nature
of the workshop. Rhonda’s professionalism in facilitation, skills in coaching and her
approachability set the tone for an excellent day.”
Maureen Modin, Human Resources Officer, East Kootenay Community Credit Union